June 06, 2012

What I've learned from volunteering

Mollie pictured on right
I began volunteering for the Center for Children and Families, Inc. (CCFI) just a few short months ago, and oh has it been a ride! I came into the children’s play group on Tuesday night’s not having a clue what to expect. I was a little apprehensive, but felt immediately comfortable when I met the other volunteers. Everyone was so nice and seemed genuinely passionate about what they were doing. That is when I knew CCFI was special.

I quickly learned that CCFI is an organization that cares so fervently about making a real difference in the community. The entire staff and volunteers love what they do, and it reads so clearly in the manner with which they go about their work. Having the opportunity to contribute just a small portion of my time to the unique mission of CCFI has really humbled me.

I love watching how excited the kiddos are to see us every Tuesday night, and how equally excited we are to see them. These kids remember us and depend on us to be there, and that is why I keep coming back. I know that just the little amount of time I spend with them each week helps bring stability and consistency into their lives, which is something I can be proud of. I learn as much from these kids as I hope they learn from me, and I will continue to volunteer with CCFI for as long as I am able.

I am more than honored to be part of this special organization, and to help support their compassionate mission to improve the lives of children. I feel extremely blessed to have stumbled across CCFI because of the perspective it has brought to my life. 

I encourage every person to support the mission of CCFI in any way that they can. I have no doubt it will enrich and touch your life in the way that it has done so to mine.

Mollie Rischard 
CCFI Children's Group Volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment